The Right Hand Side Corner Game
Objective – Develop righr side attacking overloads
- 5v5 would generally be best
- Substitutes positioned just off the attacking right hand corner of the pitch.
- Every time a player makes a mistake they sub off in their oppositions corner
- This player must then go around the pitch back to their corner – no sub until they are back
- This gives the opposition team a temporary overload.
- NOTE – this also gives teams opportunities to find players high up the pitch on the right hand side.
- Score a goal and receive 3 points.
- Score a goal from a pass from the right hand side of the pitch +1.
- Score from a baseline run +2
Free hits must be self passes within 2 secs
- Base line runs
- Forward first fast
- Left passing
- Free hits must be self passes within 2 secs
- Sideline hits must be passed from the backline players of the side that did NOT knock it off
- Make every player’s first goal worth double points to encourage all players to attack as well as defend.
- Score +1 for every right hand side circle entry.
- Score +1 for any first time shot from a cross. (Both of these encourage playing down the right hand channel and delivering the ball into the circle)
- Score +1 for a deflection
- Score +1 for a left post goal