Objective – Score by attacking at pace
- Two teams behind the cones.
- Coach calls a number – this denotes a number of players that will take part
- The first team to get the ball are the attackers – the other team defend
- Score one point per goal.
- Defenders have to stop the attacking team scoring and play the ball back to the coach in order to finish that repetition.
- Have 2 teams one on either side of the pitch
- Feed the balls from different locations
- “What skills do you need to score goals?”
- “What skills do you need to defend effectively?”.
- Keep the tempo of the practice high by feeding balls in quickly
- The balls start with the coach.
- Game dies if over backline or sideline
- Score one point every time your team enters the D.
- The attacking team continues to attack until the defenders successfully return the ball to the halfway line. This encourages them to jump back and win the ball.
- Mix up the number of attackers and defenders, creating overloads and underloads at random.
- Award bonus points for shave tackling and jumping back.
- Add a second player for a 2v1