Relay Race #18
Objective – Ball carrying and passing
- 1/8th of a pitch (smaller for younger players)
- Divide group into even teams
- Divide into lanes with 2-3 on each lane
- Each person has to run half the pitch and pass to other player (then follow on)
- Give them 2 mins of practice time
- Once comfortable then do a “Race”
- Team challenge – have to do it 30 times and measure the time
- Ball at one o clock
- Push pass
- Quality of ball control
- Low and mobile body position / good footwork
- Stick to stick
- Ball pace
- Move body around the ball
- Bigger lane length
- Cone in middle which they have to go left or right to
- Place an object across the middle of the relay so the players have to dribble and pass around it.
- Ask the players to identify the best way to be successful. Receive, carry and pass are three important elements.
- Give the teams a set time to complete as many cumulative successful repetitions as possible. Returning to zero after every mistake!