Head To Head Channelling
Objective – teach patience and the Ds of defence – deny, dictate, delay
- 2 players come from either end of the box and aim: to carry the ball under control over the opposition end line.
- Each team scores a point each time they successfully get the ball over the end line under control
- You can identify each player with a number (to keep them engaged) and call numbers
- Each game max of 15 secs
- Focus on speed with attacker
- Focus on running angles
- Try and get attacker to commit
- DO NOT DIVE
- Dictate and deny
- 15 secs each routine to keep it flowing
- Spare balls
- Off the side restart
- Number the players in each team to start call out a single number, or a combination of numbers.
- Start with a narrow pitch, and then widen the pitch to the full width of the grid. This will encourage players to attack into space.
- Call more than one numbered player at once to bring in passing options as well as ball carrying