NOTE – This game takes time for players to understand the different types of press’
- Defenders should communicate to cover the passing lanes.
- Defenders should vary position to close down passing angles, or move back to allow more time to react to pass.
- Defensive players should be balanced: low center of gravity and weight evenly distributed between left and right feet
- Defender should hold stick in body center, with a flexible grip that allowing him to change grip to stop ball either side
- Defenders should react sharply to a lateral pass and reposition immediately
- Defenders should watch the hitter’s stick movement and get “set”
- Look for cues of where the ball is going
- Players should react quickly when they intercept the ball and be ready to pass the ball immediately to their player/s in the end zone, before the other team is setup