5V5 Right Hand Side Circle Entry
Objective – develop familiarity with right side attacks
- 5v5 or more (adjust pitch size)
(fewer numbers = more attacking and space. Less space = opportunities for tackling/interceptions.)
- Goals are worth 3 points
- Taking ball into D from right side of centre line + 1 point
- If you score having taken it in on right the 6 points
- 16 yard hits from baseline
Keepers feed the balls in from infractions and over the line
- Substitutes in hockey are important
- One bonus point for every great substitution (sprinting off and sprinting on).
- Eventually you have a team of self-rolling substitutes who run on, charge around and play with intensity, before substituting off when they begin to slow down.
- It also starts them thinking about how to be effective as a squad and what makes people play well.
- Keepers feed the balls in from infractions and over the line
- If using half pitch then coach can feed as well
- Make every free hit a compulsory self pass.
- Give each team an extra attacker for one minute at a time. Challenge them to plan how that will change their game.