Objective – Creating space to keep possession
- Game is 6v6 plus joker
- Scoring is done by passing ball across the grid to your other 2 players (to increase intensity defenders cannot touch it)
- Large grid with safe zones on periphery = Playing area
- 6v6 + joker (to start)
- Two players from each team are positioned in the playing area
- Other 4 players are split 2 at each end of the playing area
- Joker plays for team in possession – 3v2
- Players cannot stay in the same quadrant unless they are defending
- Any pass to a safe player must be followed by a substitution with that player
- Joker is the only player who does not rotate into the safe zones;
- Any broken rules means turnover
- Positioning –
- Defenders – players pressure the ball and the channel
- Attacking use a triangle shape to create width and depth
- Movement – players who are marked should try pull opposition out of position
while the open player attempts to receive the ball.
- Direction – players must be patient in advancing the ball forward to score.
- Use the spare player
- Every time ball goes out or lost goes to other team from a “spare player”
- Change size of grid – bigger if cannot do it smaller if too easy
- Remove the quadrants. If players understand how they should position themselves then remove the quadrants.
- Make it 3 vs. 3 in the contest zone.
- To increase the difficulty remove the joker and have 3 players from each team operating in the contest zone.